Anal sex prep: how to get ready
Whether you’re a complete beginner or a seasoned expert, anal sex preparation is key for a safe and successful experience. Even folks who have had lots of butt sex experience pain or discomfort from time to time. The reasons could be mental or physical. Stress, lifestyle changes and health issues are just a few issues that can affect one’s ability to have enjoyable anal sex.
Pro tip: ALWAYS have plenty of lube handy when engaging in anal sex! Coconut oil is AWESOME for this.
For lubricant suggestions, click here for our page on good anal lubes.
These tips are mainly for guys, but are equally applicable to women too.
- Consider a “warm up” period. You could try different sized butt plugs…start small and work your way up to a large size. This is a great way to stretch things out, especially if you have one of those really tight buttholes 🙂
- Have an orgasm! Seriously, having what I like to call a “starter orgasm” is a great way to relax and prepare for the big dance 🙂 For most people, an orgasm is the ultimate way to relax.
- Have a glass of wine or your favorite alcoholic drink! Alcohol is a superb social lubricant, and it works equally well to get you or your partner relaxed and ready for sexy time. HOWEVER, always drink responsibly. Kinda like driving a car, don’t over do it 🙂
- Turn your feet inwards. Perhaps you’ve never heard of this, eh? This one is simple: just rotate your toes inward, toward each other. This will relax those muscles back there, to make you more receptive.
- Take a long hot bath or shower. The hot water helps to relax those muscles all over your body. It’s mentally relaxing and soothing as well. Then, head straight to sexy time!
These final two tips are golden!
Even if you ignore all the other tips, these two are the most important, in my opinion.
- If you’re having trouble relaxing, try pushing out (kinda like you’re going to poop). This relaxes your sphincter muscles and “fools” them, so to speak. Your sphincter is designed to tighten up and prevent things from coming OUT of your anus. By pushing out, it relaxes, thus making it easier to insert a toy, penis, or whatever you’re trying to stick in there. Voila!
- Use plenty of lube! I can’t mention how important this is. You can prevent damage to both your anus and his penis.