For an old school, basic toy, the Aneros Progasm is a damn good piece of prostate massage hardware! It’s the bigger, badder, older sibling to the Syn, so beginners beware…
If you’ve been following my blog, you know I’m a BIG fan of these products. This sex toy is no exception.
A few comments before I start…
Ok, I admit it. I had my doubts about it. I TRIED to find the flaws. I really did. Before I even purchased it, I had a few preconceived notions I just couldn’t shake.
- Doubt #1: this toy is OLD! It’s been around for years (since 2007?). Certainly it’s not as good as the newer devices.
- Doubt #2: It’s not all that sexy. It’s just a hard piece of plastic. That’s no fun!
- Doubt #3: It’s just a bigger version of the Helix Syn. Why would I want that?
**Grab this bad ass sex toy for yourself, right here at Lovehoney.com
Being a sex geek , I just couldn’t resist taking it for a ride. So, I bought it. After 5 electrifying sessions, I was sold. This thing is WAYYYYY better than I ever anticipated.
I was dead wrong with all my assumptions. Here’s what I learned…
- Yes, this device has been on the market for quite a while. No, it’s not as good as the newer stuff. It’s actually BETTER than most. Like the old saying: “they don’t build ’em like they used to.” This certainly applies here.
- It isn’t all that sexy. It’s technically just a hard piece of ABS plastic. No luxurious silicone coating. No flexible shaft. No fancy handles or ticklers. It’s precisely the lack of these qualities makes this toy superb. It’s designed to focus solely on prostate pleasure. And nothing else.
- Yes, it is bigger than the Syn. And yes, it definitely belongs in EVERY prostate play connoisseur’s dresser drawer. The build quality is superb and strong, for years of reliable service.
So, how does it feel?
In one word, AMAZING. It definitely provides the full feeling, comparable to the Vice, sans vibrator.
As I mentioned before, the size of the head and middle hump is significant. Great for guys that like a larger device. Not so great for beginners, or men with really tight asses. The feeling I get in my rectum when that first bulge pops into place is simply amazing.
Loosening things up back there with a finger or smaller item is usually a wise idea. If I’m not quite ready for it, there’s a slight amount of discomfort. This subsides quickly once it slides over the first bulge.
The second one is slightly larger, and it certainly reminds you it’s there. Once the “peak” of that second bulge is passed, it hits auto pilot, and glides right in to place. This is when that warm, fuzzy feeling overtakes the midsection of my body. With every contraction of my PC muscles down there I feel the tip nudging my prostate. When I feel this, I know it’s going to be a great session.
As with most new play toys, I rarely get off the first time or two. This is normal, and totally expected for me. By my third go, I was rocking it! After about 45 minutes of using my special prostate stimulation techniques, I started cumming. Rhythmically with the movement of my hips. I simply couldn’t control the movements of my torso, because it felt so damn good.
Then, when I decided to finish myself off with my Flip Hole, I had one of the most intense cum sessions I’ve ever experienced. I saw stars for about 5 seconds, then collapsed from sheer exhaustion under my bed sheets. I was COMPLETELY SPENT, reduced to a jelly-like state. I must have laid there for about 10 minutes, just letting myself get back to my senses.
This stimulator is awesome, and almost gets me off every single time. Sometimes better than others, but always good.
**Grab one for yourself, right here at Lovehoney.com
Table of contents
- What’s in the box?
- Best lube to use
- How to use it
- The “tabs” and their function
- How to clean it
- My personal thoughts
- Where to buy it
Let’s get started!
As one would expect, here’s what you get:
- The toy
- The instructions
And that’s basically it. The box could also serve as storage, but it’s somewhat big and bulky in relation to the size of the device.
- Tip width – 1.25 inches
- Mid ridge width – 1.3 inches
- Maximum insertable length – 4.5 inches
I always recommend water based lube. This is the safest option and won’t interact with the materials. Read more about lubes, here.
Like the Helix Syn, this toy can be used without hands, once it’s inserted. I love this feature because it allows me to focus on other, more important things. Like getting off!
The tapered tip makes insertion easier than a blunt tip, like the one on the P-Spot Dildo that I reviewed a while back.
Before you even get started, make sure you know which way it goes in! When you look at my pictures above, you’ll notice that the tapered tip angles up in one direction. I’ll call this the top side. When inserting it, make sure the top side is facing up, toward your balls. If you put it in backward, it won’t work properly. It might even feel uncomfortable.
Here are my recommendations:
- Make sure you allow plenty of time to use this device and ALWAYS get relaxed before popping it in. To learn more about this, read my tips for successful toy use, right here.
- Be liberal with the lube. It’s better to use too much versus not enough. Lubricant is cheap and your rectum deserves to be treated like a king. So learn more about the slippery stuff, here.
- The proper position to use really depends on the person. Here’s what works best for me: I like to start by laying on my side (either one). Once comfortable, I will pull my leg (the upper one) toward my chest, as high as I can get it.
- Now it’s time to apply lubricant to both the toy and the rectum. Put some on your finger and jam some into your butt. Once the toy is in place, the muscles in your rectum will pull it into place, kinda like it’s on auto pilot. You’ll need to get both “humps” inside.Once it’s all the way in, keep your hands away and let the toy do its thing.
- Here is the best part, and the most fun! This is where the contract and relax technique comes into play. When contracting, it should feel like you’re “lifting” your groin area from the inside. This utilizes the same muscles as when stopping a stream of urine before you’re done. Then relax. This is like continuing the flow of urine. The exact same muscle groups are involved. This contract and relax makes the toy do its thing. Somewhere between five minutes and an hour, the orgasms should begin. Remember it takes practice to do this effectively and to strengthen the muscles. The amount of time can be decreased with regular practice.
Notice the two “tabs” at the bottom of the toy. Each one serves a purpose. These also serve as a handle for guiding the toy in, and for removal from the rectum.
When inserted properly, the perineum tab applies pressure to the (you guessed it) perineum. This provides a mild pressure to the area, kind of like a mini external prostate massage. Nothing too exciting, though, as all the action happens inside your ass.
The Kundalini tab rests between the anus and top of the butt crack. This has a tendency to create interesting sensations that run up the spine. If I really pay close attention I can feel them, but again, it’s nothing exceptional. I’m always more focused on what’s going on internally.
This is dead simple. Because the toy is so smooth, it takes about 20 seconds, maximum, to clean it. I like to use the bathroom or kitchen sink. 4 easy steps…
- get some really warm water running
- soap up the toy with a mild body wash
- let it air dry
You could also use a toy disinfectant, but I don’t find it necessary. A good washing will do just fine.
Overall, it’s is a pretty bitchin’ prostate toy. It’s neither fancy, nor exotic. It just works.
I always try to find something I don’t like about a toy. And I looked long and hard at this one. Yeah, I wish it had a softer feeling silicone body. But that’s certainly not a deal breaker. To be honest, as long as you know what you’re getting into with this device, there really aren’t any flaws with it.
As always, Aneros makes high quality products that last for many uses. There are never any unfinished edges or aberrations in any of their toys that I’ve used. This is the way it should be. I anticipate this one will last for years.
Remember, there are lots of knock off toys out there that look very similar to this one. But they’re not the same. Many of those dirt cheap versions have unsafe materials in their products, such as phthalates. Read more about those here. These are nasty chemicals that you don’t want anywhere near your body.
All their products are body safe and phthalate-free. So buy with confidence.
Of all the online retailers, Amazon has the cheapest price. Bar none. I have yet to find a better value anywhere.
**Grab a this bad ass toy for yourself, right here at Lovehoney.com
See what else I play with!
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more details.