Before i start the review, I have a confession to make: at first, I was VERY intimidated by the Njoy Pure Wand. I wouldn’t say fearful, just nervous. Opening the box and seeing that menacing, comma-shaped, stainless steel beast made me pause.
“How the hell am I gonna fit THIS thing in my ass?” I asked myself.
I’m certainly not a rookie when it comes prostate play tools, but I’d only experienced silicone and plastic devices. Stainless steel was an entirely new ball game for me.
A few comments…
Most guys don’t realize that this toy is PERFECT for massaging your prostate. It feels incredible! In fact, it’s a superb device that works equally well for men and women. It’s awesome for solo play, but even better for couples! Put your skilled partner at the helm, and you’ll cum buckets. Make sure you have plenty of towels for cleaning up. You. Will. Need. Them.
I playfully refer to it as the Lever of Love. Yeah, that sounds a bit corny, but it’s true. The artfully curved shape allows the user to easily guide it into place and apply the proper amount of pressure. This toy provides a direct connection to that orgasmic spot in every guy’s ass: the prostate.
There is, however, a learning curve to use it properly. It took a few tries for me to truly master it. But once I did, goodness gracious…this thing is a beast.
The feelings of ecstasy I get when I use it can’t be matched by any other device. The sensation of that ball end popping in for the first time is magnificent. The feel of the hard, cold steel sends a shiver of excitement up my spine every time I use it.
If you’re curious about how I get ready to use this device: click here to read my step by step guide. It’s a great primer that works for any anal stimulator you’ll be using.
Grab a Pure Wand for yourself, right hereright here at Amazon.
Table of contents
- The box: a sexy presentation
- A shiny, futuristic masterpiece
- Specifications: weight, measurements, etc.
- How to use it
- How it feels
- Why I LOVE it
- One disappointment
- Recommended lube
- Where to buy it at the BEST PRICE
The box is very simple, almost understated, with the Njoy company logo embossed in silver letters. It has a slightly rough feel on the surface, and seems sturdy and well built. Aesthetically, less is definitely more. The same goes for the Wand itself.
Upon opening this sexy black box, the first thing you notice is the fuchsia colored bed that the wand lays on. It’s a silky texture (but definitely not silk). More like an inexpensive sateen cloth. Hidden underneath this cloth is a styrofoam block that is custom molded to fit the contour and shape of the toy. It fits almost perfectly.
The box is perfect for long term storage
On each side of the box is a cloth strap that keeps the lid from opening too far. You can see them in the upper left and right of the picture below. Simple, but fairly sturdy.
I don’t see this box falling apart any time soon. I’ve been using it as the primary storage for mine, without incident. No need for a special container.
When you first open the box, the shimmering beauty of the toy seems to jump right out of the box. It looks like a work of art you’d see in a museum. It looks like a big comma!
It’s completely smooth and polished, with no surface aberrations. It’s so shiny, in fact, that it’s nearly impossible to NOT leave fingerprints. Not a problem though, as a soft, lint free cloth will restore its magnificent luster.
Now, for the techical stuff: measurements, weight, etc.
When you look at the picture below, the angle of the photo is a bit misleading. Here are the actual measurements:
- Total length end to end: about 8 inches
- Total length when measured along the curve: about 10 inches
- Small ball diameter: 1 inch
- Large ball diameter: 1.5 inches
- Weight: about 1.5 pounds
This toy is phthalate-free! Read more about why this is important.
I’ve experimented with various positions: laying on my side, squatting, etc. When using this device by myself, the best position is to lie flat on my back, with legs spread and knees up. Make sure you’re lubed up. Simply reach down between the legs, pop it in, and you’re good to go!
A simple back and forth rocking motion works best
Once it’s inserted, use a simple rocking motion. This motion should run parallel to your body. You don’t need to rock it hard or fast, either. Just grab the opposite end and do some gentle, deliberate strokes to and fro. You’ll know when you have it in the right spot. Once you find that spot, don’t stop ’til you’ve had enough…
Stainless steel is a rather exotic material for sex toys, especially prostate devices. Steel has some unique properties that allow for enhanced prostate play (as well as enhanced sensations), namely the ability to retain heat. I commonly place it in lukewarm water to get it to body temperature. However, by making it cooler or warmer than 98.6 °F (37 °C), the sensations will feel somewhat different.
By warming it up, the initial shock of the ball popping in is reduced. This warmth provides a pleasant feeling at the moment of insertion. A comforting and relaxing sensation.
When cooling it down, the penetration feels more intense…sharper if you will. But this isn’t a bad thing. It’s actually kinky, and makes using this toy even more exciting.
Regardless of the temperature used, this thing feels amazing
I always start with the small end. The little bulb provides a mildly full feeling in my rectum. Very pleasant and comfortable. It’s not painful at all.
The other end is a completely different story. The large end provides maximum rectal fullness, at least for me. This is best used after a full warm-up. The pressure against the prostate is about the same as with the small end. However, the combination of rectal fullness and pressure against the prostate makes for exponentially more powerful orgasms.
Now, let’s talk about about using leverage to get the most from this toy. Applying leverage while it’s in the rectum increases the pressure on the prostate. Removing leverage reduces the pressure. Makes sense, right? In the same way, increasing and decreasing leverage controls the tingling, erotic sensations deep inside the ass. Apply more pressure and the buzz picks up intensity. By mastering the timing and intensity of this technique, the orgasmic sensations can be altered and/or improved.
I think I’m starting to hate this toy! Not because it’s bad. But because it’s so damn good. Like an addictive drug…it calls to me. Whispering from the top drawer of my night stand that it wants to play,
Grab one for yourself, right here at Amazon
These are my personal favorite reasons, based on my experience with this device:
- It has just the right amount of weight (about a pound and a half). Here’s what I mean: since it’s constructed of solid stainless steel, it’s quite heavy. But not so much that it’s difficult to use. I like a toy with some heft. It’s just easier to maneuver and operate. This device fits the bill perfectly.
- The size is just right. At about eight inches in length (see the diagram above), it’s the perfect size for me and my lady to handle. This additional length makes it much easier when you’re massaging your own prostate. The long design provides additional leverage for those times when you really want to apply that pressure right before climax.
- It’s a dual purpose sex toy: it works wonders on both men AND women! My girlfriend gets just as much G-spot enjoyment from it as I get with my P-spot. Sometimes I wish we had two…one for each of us. Anyway, this makes it economical since you can share the toy. Just make sure to sanitize it before passing it back and forth! Especially from him to her.
- It can be enjoyed warm or cold. Yep, solid steel conducts heat very slowly. This allows you to stimulate at various temperatures. I personally like to warm mine up first. I just drop it into a big plastic cup with warm water, wait 5 minutes, and then enjoy! I’ve also cooled it down using the same method, just with cool water. I generally dont cool it. But when I’m feeling extra kinky, I’ll give it a go.
- It’s so easy to clean. Seriously, this is the lowest maintenance toy I own. After a session, I just take it to the kitchen sink and wash it off with a mild soap and some hot water. Alternatively, I’ve put it in the dishwasher with the rest of the dinner plates! Works like a charm. Just don’t use an abrasive cleaner, for obvious reasons.
- You can use it with ANY type of lube. Water based, silicone, coconut oil, or whatever. Stainless is non reactive, so you can lube up with almost anything. Silicone toys don’t have this advantage. You’re pretty much stuck with water based lubes, and I personally believe those suck anyway. They’re not nearly as slippery, and they don’t last as long.
- Finally, my favorite thing: it’s so durable that it will last a lifetime. So long as you don’t use an abrasive cleaner or bang it against concrete, it will always remain in a like-new state.
I can think of a few more things that make this a great anal pleasure tool, but those were the most important.
This certainly isn’t a deal breaker, but it’s worth mentioning: it can’t be used hands-free. The sheer weight of the toy will cause it to drop down, or even out, once you stop guiding it. This is the one thing that I always loved about my Aneros Vice. With that toy, I can just pop it in and go to town. The Wand, however, needs a constant hand. If you prefer a “set it and forget it” device, this probably isn’t the one for you.
Playing with a friend, however, is an entirely different ball game. With a gentle, trusted partner, sexy times with this thing are out of this world!
Stainless steel sex toys are compatible with all anal lubricants. I recommend silicone or oil based. See our lubes page for good choices.
This device is sold by tons of retailers. I picked mine up Amazon. Great price, too. This is one bad-ass sex toy. PERIOD.
Grab a Pure Wand for yourself, right here at Amazon.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more details.