If you’ve been searching online for prostate toys, Aneros is a name that always comes to the top of the list. The Syn is an updated version of the legendary Helix. This improved device sports a velvety feeling silicone rubber surface that’s much more comfortable than the original…superior in every way.
A few comments before I begin…
This is the toy that got me excited about prostate play. It was the catalyst that turned my vanilla masturbation habits into an exciting new journey. To master the ultimate male sexual pleasure: prostate orgasm!
Since then, it’s been all uphill. Or downhill, depending on how you view it. Regardless, it’s been a positive (and pleasurable) experience.
It has some great attributes:
- the small size makes it very easy to insert. This was great when I was first getting started. I could easily stick the toy in my ass with very little discomfort. Easy in. Easy out.
- it’s great for guys who have never put toys (or anything else) in their ass. It’s small and not very intimidating. The handle is very easy to grab when playtime is over.
- once it’s in, IT’S IN. It won’t come out unless you pull it with your hands. I love hands free prostate orgasms, so this device does the trick. Not quite as good as the Vice, but still a solid performer.
- relatively inexpensive. For a high quality toy, this is an affordable way to get started. It sells for around $40 US.
Last but not least, it feels damn good too! Not only does it nudge the prostate, it massages the anal canal as well. A most exquisite sensation!
Grab one for yourself, right here at Amazon.
Let’s get started…
I’ll start this review with a caveat: it took 8 sessions for me to achieve the “Super O” that everyone’s been talking about. With that said, I still feel this is a great toy. I just didn’t anticipate it would take so many tries to experience the rush. Everyone seems to have a different experience, so your results may vary. Luckily, I’ve included a quick and easy guide that discusses now to use it properly. I wish I knew this before I got started.
Table of contents:
- Overview: size, materials etc
- The head and stem
- The tabs
- How to use it
- How it feels
- How to clean it
- Recommended lube
- Where to buy one for the BEST PRICE
The first thing I noticed was the size. It’s a small device. One of the smallest I’ve used. But that’s OK, as this butt toy is best for the novice user, or for guys who just don’t need a big toy to get off. If you prefer an anal plug that gives you a “full” feeling, this probably isn’t the device for you. Here are the specs:
- Maximum diameter: 1 inch
- Total length: 5 inches
- Maximum insertable length: about 4 inches
Yep, it’s small. However, it’s very well constructed, and should provide many years of service. The business end is covered in pure medical grade silicone. This means it’s hypoallergenic and perfectly safe for use inside your body.
The silicone coating has a “velvety feel” to it, which provides a gentle touch to the skin…truly luxurious. No rough spots or snags anywhere. This is a high quality device!
Under the silicone coating is a hard ABS plastic plug. There really isn’t any flex in the shaft. I believe it’s designed like this for a purpose: to keep the shape intact so it hits all the right areas once its inside the rectum.
This is the easiest to use male sex toy on the market…bar none.
This toy is phthalate-free! Read more about why this is important.
Like the pictures above suggest, the plug is designed to stay in place, once it’s inserted. In fact, once it’s about 1/3 of the way in, your sphincter muscles will pull it the rest of the way. Kinda like it’s on autopilot. Once it’s there, no hands are required to operate it. In fact, I suggest that you leave your hands off of it until you’re done. Then you can relax and completely focus on your pleasure.
The stem is anatomically designed so that it will rub up against the walls of the anal canal. This area has MILLIONS of pleasure receptors, and this toy feels like it hits every single one of them once its inserted.
The slightly angled tip of the toy will rest right up against the prostate. This is the primary purpose.
Notice the black and red tabs in the pictures above.
The red tab: this is the handle. This is what you grab onto when you are pulling the device out.
The black tab: this is known as the P-tab. The small ball is designed to rest against the perineum. It applies some pressure to give you a little tingle down there. It’s not all that intense, and I personally don’t notice it unless I’m paying attention. Usually I’m focused on all the other wonderful sensations.
Did I mention it’s a hands-free device? Yep. It couldn’t be more simple. Remember, you shouldn’t expect an earth shattering orgasm the first time you use it. It takes a little practice to get comfortable with it.
Here are my recommendations:
- It’s CRITICAL to be relaxed and have plenty of time. Read more about that on my tips for tips for successful prostate massage page.
- Always have lots of lube available. Don’t skimp on this. Spend a little extra money and buy a reputable one with lots of positive customer reviews. Only use water-based lubes. DO NOT use oil or silicone. These will cause the silicone to turn “gooey” and separate from the toy. Not good.
- The best position is achieved by laying on your side on your bed. While on your side, pull the knee of your upper leg toward your chest. For example, if you’re laying on your left side, pull up your right leg.
- Once the toy and your butt are lubed up, slowly insert the toy. Once it’s about a third of the way in, your anal muscles will pull it the rest of the way. At this point, keep your hands off and don’t use them again until you’re ready to remove it.
- Now, here comes the good part. Flex your pelvic muscles (your PC muscles). Then relax them. It should feel like you’re “lifting” your groin area from the inside. The sensation is similar to when you are urinating, and then force yourself to stop. This technique relaxes and contracts the exact same muscle group. This is the action that makes it do its thing. Keep doing this until the orgasms come. This can take as little as 5 minutes or as many as 45. Obviously, with practice, one can speed the process up.
The elongated tip makes the initial insertion very easy. When first pressing it against your hole, the tip will just guide itself in. Almost like it’s on a mission and knows EXACTLY where to go. There’s a little pressure at this point, but nothing too intense. It feels like a finger going in.
Getting past the first bulb is the hardest part. The rest of the way is a cake walk. After the initial bulb goes in, the toy sucks itself in and stops at the next one. All it takes is a little more pressure from the hand to push it the rest of the way. Sometimes, if the muscles are really tight, it seems to go on auto pilot and drives all the way home.
Once it’s seated, there’s a mild feeling of fullness. Remember, it’s a smaller toy so it doesn’t use much room down there. At this point, the anal muscles will start contracting around it. Once the motions of contract and release begin (see step 5 above on how to use it), it will actually start to nudge against the prostate and massage the anal canal.
These are two different sensations caused by one toy! This is where this toy shines. The tingly buzz of the tip nudging the P-pot is divine. The light anal massage created by the stem is the icing on the cake. The two happening simultaneously is a truly orgasmic experience. Even if prostate orgasm isn’t achieved, the massage is wonderful.
If you haven’t experienced this, here’s the best analogy I can think of: if you’ve ever had a really good body massage, one given by a licensed practitioner, the feeling is similar. Except with the Helix, it’s all laser focused into one area: the rectum.
Like the rubbing of the shoulder muscles by a therapist, the Syn massages your rectum. Like a shoulder massage, it feels tense at first, but after a few minutes of rubbing and kneading, it starts to feel pretty damn good. This is how I experience the sensation.
The very best way, in my opinion, to keep it clean is with hot water and soap. When you’re finished, just drop it in the sink, and start running very warm water over it. Then, rub a little body wash on, lather it up, and rinse. Leave it to air dry, or use a lint free towel to get the excess water off.
You can also use a commercial toy cleaner. These usually contain antibacterial agents to thoroughly disinfect it. This just isn’t necessary unless you absolutely feel you need it. I’ve never used an antibacterial cleaner. No problems yet…
Water based lubes are the ONLY type that should be used with this device. It’s best to avoid silicone based lubes, as these may react with the toy and cause the silicone to break down.
For product suggestions, check out our best anal lubes page.
I picked this up at Amazon. FAST service. This is the cheapest price you’ll find online.
Get the Syn, right here at Amazon.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosures for more details.